Skip to main content

Work Permits


If you have a job, are under the age of 18, and have not yet graduated, you need a work permit.

Please note...There is a 24 hour waiting period to receive your completed work permit!

Here's what you need to do:

  1. Fill out a Work Permit Request - come to the MECHS Office to pick one up.
  2. Fill out the top portion - all information is necessary, especially your Social Security Number!
  3. Have your employer fill out the second portion.
  4. Have your parent sign and date it, giving permission for you to be employed.
  5. Bring the completed request and your social security card to the MECHS office, Room GC-332.  

Please note - if you have less than a 2.0 GPA and/or if you have an attendance or discipline problem(s), you may not get a work permit.  In special cases, you will be allowed a Probationary Work Permit which will allow you to work until the next grading/progress report period where you must show improvement in grades and/or attendance/discipline.  If your performance does not improve, your work permit will be REVOKED and your employer will be notified that you are no longer able to work.